Here's the thing, guys: every speaking engagement is a huge challenge for me, because I'm a man of few words. My workflow is simple: I take my camera, subject, light and photograph until it looks good. If it doesn't - repeat until it does. When I'm working on an image, I make every creative decision intuitively. Light plays big part in it. I often spend all day pre-lighting for a shoot on next day, just to come in the morning and change everything right before the shoot, because I felt it wouldn't work well. And it was always right call to make.
Translating photography into words is the talent I have yet to acquire. The reason why I always agree to give talks or workshops or one-on-ones is because it forces me to step back and analyze my own approach. As the saying goes: "Comfortable - is the worst enemy of progress." So, let's learn together.
I'm not going to atempt to teach you photography, but I am going to teach how I do photography.
I'm excited to announce the "SIGNATURE BALLET & PORTRAIT LIGHTING" Masterclass
WHEN: May 19th, 2018 10am-2pm
WHERE: My studio: 4035 Saint Ambroise., #215, Montreal, QC
You can check out more details and reserve your seat here: https://www.facebook.com/events/437898979976887/
EARLY BIRD SPECIAL IS AVAILABLE UNTIL APRIL 23RD!
In this this packed four hour masterclass, you’ll learn:
1. Preparing your photo shoot;
2. Working with dancers on set;
3. Lighting and editing;
4. Ballet poses & portraits for dancers.
10h00 - 10h45
Module I : Keynote - Creating a successful photoshoot
- My story - From a professional ballet dancer to photographer;
- BTS and Lighting breakdowns of my most favourite images;
- The ethics of ballet photographer;
- Equipment and camera settings for in-studio photo shoots;
11h00 - 12h45
Module II: Live Demonstration w/ Model
- Live demonstration photo shoot with a dancer;
- ‘Signature Ballet Lighting’ in action : My go to light setups for dance and portraits;
- Still poses vs Motion: Which moment is the right moment;
- Make your audience feel: Finding soul of the image;
13h00 - 14h00
Module III: Post Processing
- From RAW editor to Photoshop workflow;
- Review and pre-edit of RAW images in Capture One Pro;
- Retouching basics;
- Global adjustments and color grading when editing series of images;
Hosted by me and Yvens Banatte.